Friday, June 6, 2014

Danni Savage #69

SCAR since 2010

Volunteer: Creative Director, Fundraising, Coaching

Off the track, what kind of work do you do? Do you have any other hobbies besides roller derby?
I like sword-fighting and bunny rabbits. In my spare time I do a bit of sewing, historical reenactment and I'm also president of my rare rabbit breed club. By trade I am freelance graphic designer and illustrator, so I pretty much volunteer my services as the League's Creative Director off the clock.
What is your position while playing/participating, and how do *you* approach it?
I'm a blocker. I'm a big girl so I try my best to get in the other teams way. It's normally not too difficult.
What do you think about SCAR’s upcoming schedule? What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?
This year we have 4 intra-league bouts planned. This is the first year we've had this many, which means we will have more SCARs getting the chance to bout than ever before. I see this as a demonstration of the League's growth and I am excited to help train future roller girls to help make these bouts successful.
What is your athletic background?
I grew up playing volleyball, basketball and softball. I swam and played fast-pitch in high school but fell out of activity throughout college. More recently I've taken up fencing and I joined roller derby for some much needed cardio.
What would you tell a person who is thinking about coming to a SCAR Bout/trying out to ref or skate for SCAR/volunteering with SCAR?
Joining SCAR puts you in touch with a wonderful network of friendly, supportive people, it'll get you out of the house for exercise and exciting activities. It's a wonderful organization to be part of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home