Friday, June 6, 2014

Cole Train #K0


1. What team(s) do you play on? And what do you do as a volunteer for SCAR?
Mt. Nittany Mayhem, I'm on the Hospitality Committee

2. How long have you been playing?
1 year

3. Off the track, what kind of work do you do?  
Ph.D. Candidate in Spanish Linguistics. I also do triathlons and would like to complete my first half Ironman before I finish my Ph.D. I like to garden and can my own fruits and vegetables.

4. What is your position and how do you approach it?
 I am mainly a blocker and I see my role as that of stopping and/or slowing down the opposing jammer. I try to get in front of her and stay in her way.
5. What drew you to roller derby?
I like to surround myself with strong, passionate women and you find that in abundance in roller derby.
6. What is your athletic background?
I was a swimmer in high school but never really played traditional team sports. I continued to swim in college, but not competitively. I got into triathlons when I was teaching in South Dakota and continue competing in triathlons, distance swimming and biking, and short runs during the summer months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home