Friday, June 6, 2014

ClauDiabla #333

  1. Tell us about your roller derby name, how did you come up with it?

Uhm so, I was going to just go with my own name but then I changed my mind and wanted something a little more exciting…because  after all, it IS derby !   Incorporating my own name into my derby name was important to me and I also wanted my name to pay tribute to my Latina heritage.  So I went with the Spanish translation of “she devil”  …”diabla”, and it fit perfect !


  1. Do you have any other hobbies besides roller derby? 
 I like to play my blue guitar.
  1. Tell us about the first time you participated in a bout.

Soooooo exciting and crazy….I was asked to fill in as a jammer, which I was NEVER expecting…and got lead jammer !


  1. What’s one thing that you have learned from Derby that you are able to use in everyday life?

I have learned to expect the unexpected …from myself and from others ...in a good way!


  1. What’s the thing you love most about being a roller girl?/ref/NSO?

Props to the guys but, I love that I get to spend time with so many strong, unique, bad ass women!!!

  1. What is your athletic background?

“Athletic background” sounds so official, which I’m not.  I run here and there sporadically and have some races under my belt, may do some workout videos, LOVE Zumba (it’ the music!), may have tried softball for a summer and couch surf while watching Netflix.


  1. What was your most embarassing SCAR moment?

I think I do something embarrassing at every practice…………


  1. What’s your personal slogan?
“It’s never so bad, it can’t get worse”… a bit of optimistic pessimism  :)
  1. Who supports you in doing roller derby, and what would you say to them?

My awesomely gorgeous husband, kids, in-laws and friends all support me a ton.  I could never be able to do it without them, my unsuspecting cooks, homework helpers and baby-sitters.  And I’ll add that my parents support me, even though I don’t think they totally understand/know what I do in derby J  THANKS GUYS !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home